Help & Feedback center

How can we help you?

How can we improve bloglovin'?

Allow us to determine the thumbnail post image

I noticed with the change that you are now including images to the post blurb. Can you please allow us to choose the image? I run a book blog and the book image is the important image, not the number of stars the book got. I noticed that several of the other book blogs I follow are having the same issue. They write a review for a book and instead of the book being the image, a strange banner that has nothing to do with the post is the image.

Either show us what we need to do to on our blog to guarantee the image we want to show, or give us the option of fixing it once it hits Bloglovin.

360 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kelly UrbanKelly Urban shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Amanda GroveAmanda Grove shared a merged idea: Allow users to be able to change/upload picture to use for blog post preview. Half of the time, a picture never get selected! So annoying  ·   · 
    completed  ·  Thea LammersAdminThea Lammers (Admin, Bloglovin) responded  · 

In order to get your images on Bloglovin, your RSS-feed needs to contain images. The image displayed on Bloglovin will be the first image displayed in your RSS-feed, hence not necessarily not the first image in the post. The images needs to be .jpeg and no other file should be placed above the image in the RSS-feed.

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bella Le MareBella Le Mare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've also been having problems since July with the thumbnail. My RSS feed is fine, and all images are .jpeg ??

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand how the answer by Thea Lammers helped. My blog has no problem showing the post image until Jul this year. As seen from this link http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10147637. My photo format has been .jpg or .png. I'm not sure how I can edit the RSS-feed as I am blogging from free Wordpress.com. Hope Bloglovin can provide a feasible solution.

Has somebody solved their issue with the answer above from Johanna? How did you fix it?

• Melissa L.Melissa L. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a few posts where the thumbnail doesn't show up at all in the feed as well. Still no reply to this?

• AndiAndi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It'd be great to be able to choose a thumbnail or upload my own. Lately, at random, a thumbnail hasn't been showing up at all!

Ooh yes this would be brilliant! I end all of my posts with a signature and that seems to be what shows up on the posts.. which just looks strange and doesn't look right at all!

If we could choose the image that would be great! x

Any updates? I just started having this problem as well. I used to have photos show up and now, out of nowhere, they don't show at all.

• S Marks The SpotsS Marks The Spots commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Bloglovin admins, is there any update on this?

It appears that there are many users facing the same issue, i.e. no picture whatsoever showing as a thumbnail to our posts, which only make them less attractive in comparison with other blogs.

Many thanks in advance for your response.

Is there any update on this? Or at least an explanation what to do that it will actually grab the first picture on the entry? That would be really helpful :)

• Kate McDonaldKate McDonald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES!! It seems like a simple thing to do Bloglovin' - let us choose the photo that appears in the feed!

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to have a way to publish my photography. How can I do that?

• SemiHealthNutSemiHealthNut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had the same problem, though I had fixed it with some work on the blog side, but now randomly 4 posts in a row will show up without an image...

• Amanda GroveAmanda Grove commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this would be the most beneficial and important update bloglovin could make yet. I have problems with half of my images not even showing up in the preview for the post! I have heavy photo posts, so when the preview image doesn't' show up, that DOESNT work for me!

• Angeliki BouliariAngeliki Bouliari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree as well. Since most of the content has to do with books, reviews and presentations, I have to choose the image! Thank you

COMPLETELY agree I am fed up of having it pic the worst photo of them all as my latest blog post photo!!

That would be really very important. On my blog no images are transferred. And we are an art blog. Since the images are the most important.

Das wäre wirklich sehr wichtig. Bei meinem Blog werden gar keine Bilder übertragen. Und wir sind ein Kunst Blog. Da sind die Bilder das wichtigste.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Can't find what you're looking for?

Don't worry, we're here to help!

Contact support