Help & Feedback center

How can we help you?

How can we improve bloglovin'?

Get rid of the follow profile option.

Get rid of the follow profile option!!!
There is too much confusing over people follow your profile and not your blog!!

2,201 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Megan.marshallMegan.marshall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    NicholaNichola shared a merged idea: can we just have ONE profile?  ·   · 
    LauraLaura shared a merged idea: Opt out for Friends Activity  ·   · 
    Carolina ClementeCarolina Clemente shared a merged idea: option to disable "Friend activity"  ·   · 
    under review  ·  Thea LammersAdminThea Lammers (Admin, Bloglovin) responded  · 

We are looking over how to improve the profiles and make it more clear to everyone what the blog profile is and how it differs from following the blog.

132 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • StellaStella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No need for people following us, just our blogs is enough. It creates a mess..

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No one wants you to "improve the profiles", we want you to get rid of them. Listen to us. Also it shouldn't take you this long, it's truly pathetic.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm following profiles and I can't unfollow them, it's totally broken. I can edit all the blogs I follow easily but there's no way to see or unfollow/manage all the profiles I'm following. Besides that, there's no functionality whatsoever to the profiles, there's no reason for them to exist, literally all you can do is follow their blog. It's so annoying!

• Sandra PusteblumeSandra Pusteblume commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Am I the only one who likes the follow profile option?! I love it to see what posts other people save - I always find posts that I like, too! The only thing I don't appreciate is that when you follow a blog, you automatically follow the blogger. That should be changed. But as I said, I like the option!

• Erin ConnorErin Connor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has there been any more movement on this idea? It is extremely frustrating that people follow my personal profile rather than my blog. Is there any way we will be able merge the followers?

• KateKate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on this yet? And if we can move our profile followers over to our blog followers? Most of the people following my account have done it in trying to follow my blog!!

• BettyBetty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If i delete my user profile account will I still have my blog account?

• Cat ShawCat Shaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there anything happening with this, it was originally posted ages ago but I can see people are still commenting and it is still an issue. I agree it would be much better to have just one profile, I think a lot of people end up following a profile as a mistake, thinking they are following the blog! So frustrating.

• BettyBetty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can I delete the follow profile and still keep my blog. I have more followers on my profile than my blog.

• Guðrun J.Guðrun J. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I really don't want people to follow me but to follow my blog. And I believe that it is just confusing people.

• mariahappy7mariahappy7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The reason I like Bloglovin is that it does not try to be a social media. It is simply a blog-following-tool. I understand that you want to "upgrade" you product with these profiles. But it is truly not necessary ! we like it as it is! :)

• Nicole BartlettNicole Bartlett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this seriously still under review? It's a year to the day and we're still stuck with the ridiculous personal profile when all we want is to only have a blog profile.

• kristenkristen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

take the profile out. it's so confusing! I only want people to fallow my blog,

• Maribel MMaribel M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just started using bloglovin and found this feature extremely confusing. I didn't want to follow people, rather I wanted to follow their blogs. I found myself having to go back to ensure that I was following their blogs and not them.

• nenacecilianenacecilia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you would add my profile followers to my blog followers I would have so much more followers. Now half of them just follows me as a person. I have no interest in that! Please remove this option. It's not necessary...

• Diva BooknerdDiva Booknerd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still looking over it?
        We need the follow profile option gone completely and members just choose the actual blog / blogs to follow and merge the followers together.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Can't find what you're looking for?

Don't worry, we're here to help!

Contact support