Help & Feedback center

How can we help you?

How can we improve bloglovin'?

Get rid of the follow profile option.

Get rid of the follow profile option!!!
There is too much confusing over people follow your profile and not your blog!!

1,586 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Megan.marshallMegan.marshall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    NicholaNichola shared a merged idea: can we just have ONE profile?  ·   · 
    LauraLaura shared a merged idea: Opt out for Friends Activity  ·   · 
    Carolina ClementeCarolina Clemente shared a merged idea: option to disable "Friend activity"  ·   · 

81 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Zoe DubsZoe Dubs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think it's confusing, I just think it's irrelevant - I use Bloglovin to follow blogs, not friends. Trying to become a social network outside of blogs just dilutes the uniqueness of Bloglovin!

• AdrianneAdrianne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes!! I agree! I don't need people following my personal profile, it's not exciting. I want people to see the posts I spend hours on! Aka, MY BLOG.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Plus it is totally unnecessary and even annoying that I end up following profile when I follow a blog. I have to manually unfollow in my profile. Hate this. Sorry

I totally agree with getting rid of following profiles! Just have following blogs.

• Beth and BeautyBeth and Beauty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use to not mind the profile option because there was alway just a 1 or 2 number difference but now it is almost up to 10 difference. The profile follow option need to either be removed or when someone follows your profile it should automatically follow your blog.

• MelissaMelissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with getting rid of following profiles. Just have following blogs.

• vodkaandrosesvodkaandroses commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm really unhappy about this....my blog shows that I only have 116followers but I have 221 following my *profile I think people are getting confused and following my blog via my profile....seriously what is the point....people either follow you or they don't SIMPLE!!

• tettitetti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't understand the profile/blog following either.
        If someone follows me, I start to get messages of their activity, because I'm automatically added as their friend too. Totally unnecessary.
        Also, I have the feeling, if you follow a blog, not the profile, the blog owner does not get a message, because nobody of more than a 100 has followed me back. Well, that may also be because my blog is boring.

• Nicole BrzuchalskiNicole Brzuchalski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the follow profile option because I have friends on BlogLovin who are not bloggers. I can follow their profile and see what blogs they are interested in. I think it's a great way to find new blogs to follow. Don't get rid of this feature!

• Danise Talbot  DesignDanise Talbot Design commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Coming back from an interior design project in Fort Meyers and home to New England , Fairfield ct . Color is King there and it was very cheerful rain or shine . The use of Color is needed even more here to lift are hearts and minds . The gray and the cold can drain you . Use your favorite color in your space and the contrast color as your accents .

I like using bloglovin to follow blogs but I don't like that I can be "followed" when my entire profile is private. I want to delete my followers but have no way to do so. Get rid of it!

• Rachel TindallRachel Tindall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I honestly don't care what other blogs are reading. I'm interested in finding and following blogs not their profiles which is just too confusing. As a blogger myself I think people new to Bloglovin follow the profiles not realizing they won't see the new posts. It's basically starting over when trying to build a following.

• VenomatorVenomator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Joanna Carlberg - i do not think it appropriate to fob us off with trying to differentiate between types of follow, when the request is quite specific - Get rid of the Follow Profile option!

You are ruining a perfectly good app for many with something we did not ask for, nor do we want!

Please permit us the option to avoid being followed if you are unwilling to get rid altogether?

Thank you,

Venomator...

• mon ikamon ika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, following a blog-writer and the blog itself, but separately and twice makes no sense and confuses many bloggers. I personally have to go through after following a blog, to unfollow the blog-writer in order not to have it twice.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Can't find what you're looking for?

Don't worry, we're here to help!

Contact support