Help & Feedback center

How can we help you?

How can we improve bloglovin'?

Get rid of the follow profile option.

Get rid of the follow profile option!!!
There is too much confusing over people follow your profile and not your blog!!

2,611 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Megan.marshallMegan.marshall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    NicholaNichola shared a merged idea: can we just have ONE profile?  ·   · 
    LauraLaura shared a merged idea: Opt out for Friends Activity  ·   · 
    Carolina ClementeCarolina Clemente shared a merged idea: option to disable "Friend activity"  ·   · 

151 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • craftnutcraftnut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still an issue, I have more profile followers and I don't put my blog posts there. What is the status of this?

• Amy WaltonAmy Walton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have so many people following my profile, and I'm not sure if they're following my actual blog. They might think they're following my blog, but they're not. There is also no way to notify them of this issue.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bloglovin' its ridiculous how long you're taking to sort this one out considering how many people are voting for it. Get your shit together seriousely..

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bloglovin' clearly doesn't listen to its users. This issue has not been resolved for almost 2 years. I don't see the point of following a Profile.

I'd love if you could consolidate the followers, I have followers on both profile and blog and I only update on blog.

• infoinfo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me, I don't care if one reader follows my blog or my profile - but what I don't understand is: why shows the widget on the blog just one of both?
        Isn't it possible to simply sum up both reader number (blog+profile) and show them on the widget?

When you follow a blog, don't automatically follow the profile.. It's annoying and your following/follower ratio automatically gets unnecessarily skewed.

• AnnetteAnnette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been resolved yet? It's been lingering since 2013!
        It looks like many of us want our profile followers on the blog.
        Thanks.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please can this be sorted it is very annoying and so confusing! I have more people following me than on my actual blog! thanks x

• kymmikymmi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey is this going to be sorted anytime soon??? Its super confusing and this has been an issue since 2013!! Would really like my profile followers on my blog

• DeborahDeborah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I seem to have more followers on my profile than my blog, so I hope this disappears soon. Especially as the under review comment was made in 2013.

• DeeDee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is it that everytime I follow a blog it follows the blogger as well? It's such a stupid concept and ruins statistics. I always end up unfollowing the blogger and just sticking to the blog itself but it's so infuriating that I have to do this daily and puts me off following any blog. Please fix this

The follow profile option seriously needs to be got rid of. I have nearly as many followers on it as I have on my blog for some reason and I assume that some people have followed my profile by mistake. This doesn't bother me but as a blogger it does affect the statistics that I pass on to companies etc please can the two by merged or axe the follow profile completely!!

• Faraday's CandleFaraday's Candle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hello to everyone!! Wave!!
        When we follow a blog, we noticed that the post saved items belong to other bloggers. If we don't save any post, then when people look at our profile in the list of followed blogs it looks empty. How do we change that?
        Do people follow our profile here or our personal blog?

Thank you so much for your time.

• LauraLaura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the option but sometimes I want to follow THE BLOG and when it automatically follows the blogger as well, it's really annoying. I don't care what they're doing to be honest.

• SwanSwan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the follow the blog option. There is no need to follow me personally. Actually I love bloglovin.
        Thank you,
        Swan

• RitaRita commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love being able to follow other people's feed. It's how I find new blog to follow!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Can't find what you're looking for?

Don't worry, we're here to help!

Contact support