Help & Feedback center

How can we help you?

How can we improve bloglovin'?

Get rid of the follow profile option.

Get rid of the follow profile option!!!
There is too much confusing over people follow your profile and not your blog!!

1,850 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Megan.marshallMegan.marshall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    NicholaNichola shared a merged idea: can we just have ONE profile?  ·   · 
    LauraLaura shared a merged idea: Opt out for Friends Activity  ·   · 
    Carolina ClementeCarolina Clemente shared a merged idea: option to disable "Friend activity"  ·   · 
    under review  ·  Thea LammersAdminThea Lammers (Admin, Bloglovin) responded  · 

We are looking over how to improve the profiles and make it more clear to everyone what the blog profile is and how it differs from following the blog.

103 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi
        I just wanted to figure out what's the status?
        I know this is a free service, but it's almost a year now.

• daisydaisy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see what following a profile does?! I doesn't actually do anything so is quite pointless being there.

• Kassiani CheirogeorgouKassiani Cheirogeorgou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do agree that it is a bit confusing having a profile and and blog profile, I think keeping one is more that enough, thank you very much for taking our feedback

I too would like to have all followers following my blog rather than a split between the blog and profile. it's confusing and doesn't help my followers keep up to date with my blog posts. Could you amalgamate all followers and just have the profile as a reference?

• Ray TurnerRay Turner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to keep the profile, I ahve found it useful, but I agree that it it needs to be more distinct from the blogs

• Jesica HJesica H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I have 300 people following my profile instead of my blog...this does me no good! Can I consolidate them so that my blog/profile are one and the same so all my followers are in one place?
        Thanks!

• MakaelaMakaela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If a person follows the profile & not the blog, maybe put up a notification asking if they would like to follow that person's blog or keep following their profile. (If you guys are keeping that option.) Seems like a reasonable solution to me.

• Diva BooknerdDiva Booknerd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you have a blog connected to your account, I'd rather see the personal followers automatically combined and have one count, not two. There's really no need for it.

• JessJess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the very least, can you make it optional to follow profiles? I find it extremely irritating to follow a new blog, then suddenly find I'm automatically following the profile of the blogger as well. I think it should be an opt-in, not an opt-out kind of thing. Thanks!

Please keep the follow profile option. While bloggers provide the content here, bloglovin is essentially a reader service.

Keep in mind that the writer's work and the writer's social presence are two separate yet equally important factors to readers.

I may not even want to follow every blog, but I may be interested in a writer's perspective, likes, and other activity.

Following the person and not just the work is an important reader feature, and it's one that enhances bloglovin above the many rss alternatives.

Thank you.

• ScarletScarlet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't mind that you can follow profiles, I just wish you wouldn't automatically follow someones profile when you follow their blog!

• Daisy WaltersDaisy Walters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with the I use BlogLovin' to follow blogs, not profiles. I have more followers following my profile than I do my blog, but it's completely pointless as you can't even see anything through my profile? PLEASE GET RID!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Can't find what you're looking for?

Don't worry, we're here to help!

Contact support